Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beautiful Oregon Coast

Cannon Beach-Pacific City,OR
64.4 miles
Wow the weather here is dramatic and changes dramatically. Started out cold, damp, cloudy (but NO RAIN so NOT complaining)we go off and on rte 101 which has busy traffic but wide enough shoulders to feel mostly safe.Big logging trucks everywhere but they seem to be in better working condition ( brakes that work) than the ones we encountered in Mississippi and Florida on the ST. And logging trucks mean clear cut hills everywhere among the beautiful forests.
Had lunch at the Tillamook Cheese Factory along with dozens of tour busses and rental rv tourists- now those are even scarier than logging trucks!
Hydrangeas are the most purple purple I have ever seen- almost Aubergine.All the shrub and perennials here almost make you want to stop trying in the Midwest.

1 comment:

  1. Do I take the bus or do I ride my bike? Forecast 30% chance of rain, current weather conditions 55-7* sprinkles. Dressed in my biking gear I walk to the garage get on my bike and go… 3 blocks later the thought ‘if I closed the garage or not’ sneaks up on me. I go back to the garage with the thought of changing into dry clothes and continue my journey to work. I get to the closed garage, open it, store my bike.. but then I started thinking Kathy Kirby is on the PCH with a cold biking through the cold. I am dressed and ready to go, I know it’s going to get wet, but hey I have my rain coat. I jump back on my bike, close the garage and start my second journey to work. I may have looked like a drowned rat when I arrived at work but it didn’t kill me! By the way, I am using your work space as a drying rack with Lucy’s heater. Thank you for being an inspiration this morning!

    It sounds like your journey is off to a tremendous start. I am excited to follow your journey as you make your way through the west.

    ReplyDelete